Now enrolling for the 2022-2023 school year!
About the class
The 3′s class has a maximum enrollment of 16 children. There are two licensed teachers and a co-op parent in the classroom each day.
To be eligible to enroll, a student must be 3 years of age by October 31 of the enrollment year.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday
8:45 am to 11:15 am
What do students learn?
The skill level of both class material and play emphasizes socialization through small group activities, development of fine motor skills, and following directions.
- In circle time, children participate in activities, educational lessons, role playing, games, songs, dances & more!
- During centers time, children play and learn through exploration of the world with sensory materials.
- Centers time, encourages children to grow socially and personally when they engage in free play and learn about science, building, literature, imaginative play and much more!
- During outdoor play, children develop physical coordination and socialization skills, while enjoying fun on the jungle gym, sandbox, playhouse, trikes, chalk, balls, strollers and more!
- Teacher-led small groups focus on fine motor skills, creative and cognitive learning through creating art, participating in fun activities with shapes, colors, letters and numbers.
Sample class schedule
- 8:50: Arrival activities – Greet teachers, hang up coats and backpacks, check job chart
- 8:50 – 9:05: Circle Time – Songs, learning games/activities, theme stories
- 9:05 – 9:25: Small Groups – Extension activities that support our developmental goals and objectives
- 9:25 – 10:25 Learning Centers
- Sensory Tables – sand, beans, water etc.
- Dramatic Play
- Puzzles & Games
- 10:25 – 10:55: Clean up/Wash Hands/Snack
- 10:55 – 11:10: Outside Activities – Variety of large muscle activities (balance beam, climbing structures, bikes, balls, push toys, sand toys)
- 11:10 – 11:15: Closing – Sing goodbye song and wait to be greeted by caregivers
Why choose the 3’s program at LNS?
Young children grow in the domains of cognitive growth, physical growth, social growth and emotional growth. These are all developing simultaneously and are equally important.
Our curriculum encourages and develops all of your child’s domains through a variety of teacher-directed activities, child-initiated activities and through a collaboration of teacher/parent activities. We will use songs, chants and rhymes throughout our day as they lay the foundation for reading readiness.
Your child will be engaged with materials and manipulatives to help them build pre-math skills. Additionally, we will explore the world around us through our five senses and hands on activities and experiments as we learn science, health and social studies. Reading, music and movement, outdoor play and a variety of art activities will round out our curriculum.