We believe that young children learn predominantly through play, using their physical, emotional, social, creative, and cognitive selves. Our four certified teachers have designed a preschool curriculum dedicated to fulfilling each developmental need, including:
- Exploration with sensory materials
- Open-ended arts and crafts
- Singing and dancing
- Listening and interacting with language and literature
- Small group and circle time activities
- Physical activity outdoors (Our fenced playground includes a playhouse, jungle gym, sandbox, tricycles, and a large assortment of toys.)
We believe that both children and parents benefit when parents are able to take an active role in their child’s preschool education. Each class is attended by a co-op parent who serves as a teaching assistant. Parents also have the opportunity to serve on committees, attend field trips, participate in fundraising activities, and share housekeeping responsibilities, all of which strengthen our preschool programs and our community.
- Each class is taught by licensed teachers and assisted by one co-op parent.
- Our art and play based curriculum focuses on emotional and social development, fine and large motor skills, and creative and cognitive learning.
- We offer classes 2, 3, and 5 days a week, depending on grade level.
- We offer morning classes for our 2-year-old and 3-year-old classes and a 3 hour afternoon class for our combined 3 & 4-year-old class.
- Children in diapers are welcome at our school.