Parents are involved directly in all aspects of their child’s education:
- Watch your child grow, learn, and play in the classroom!
- Participate in your child’s education as a teacher’s assistant
- Join your child on one or more field trips
- Attend general meetings (every other month in the evening)
- Participate in our annual yard sales
- Assist in some housekeeping duties to keep the school tidy
- Participate on a committee or board for the school
- Join us during school outings, events, mom’s night outs etc. (optional)
- Have a say in how your child’s school is run!
Assisting in the Classroom!
Each preschool class is attended by a co-oping parent who serves as a teaching assistant to our two teachers. The co-op parent helps set-up the room before class, brings in the snack for the class, and participates in the day’s activities (play!), and stays after school for a few minutes to tidy up the room.
Parents typically assist in the classroom once every 4 to 6 weeks depending on the size of the class. The co-op schedule is typically created a month before the semester begins, so parents have notice of their dates before the next semester begins. A co-op orientation is held at the beginning of the school year to give parents more information about their co-op role in the classroom.
Committee Position Descriptions
- Health and Safety Representative: Ensures that a fully completed health form is received for each child prior to the start of school.
- Educational Materials & Art Preparation Committee: Helps the teachers prepare projects and materials needed in the classroom.
- Product and Supply Representative: Maintains our stock of classroom supplies (for example, art materials).
- Equipment Committee: Helps to set up all of LNS’s equipment (e.g. playground toys) at the start of each year and to store all of our equipment at the end of each year. Assists in clearing snow and ice from our playground.
- Fundraising Committee: Plans three fun yearly fundraisers for our school.
- Social Committee: Plans two events each year for LNS families, including our traditional Welcome Picnic in the fall and a gathering in the Spring.
- Tuition Treasurer: Assists the Treasurer by collecting and depositing fees and tuition payments from LNS families.
- Website Committee: Develops and manages the school’s website.
- Community Outreach Committee: Organizes community outreach activities (examples include Food Bank, Grandparent and Family Connections Holiday Gift Drive, and IDENT-A-KID).
Support our school by being on the school board! If you join the school board, you will be part of a great team of parent volunteers that are responsible for running our school. During your time on the board, you will meet a wonderful group of people and make lasting friendships. When on the Board, you will meet once a month at 7:30 p.m. on a weekday.
- Co-Presidents: Facilitate the teacher, general and board meetings. Manages every business aspect of running our school.
- VP of Enrollment: Manages correspondence with prospective families through email and phone calls. Facilitates the school’s Open House and the Preschool Fair. Provides new and current families with enrollment paperwork for registration. Manages all registration paperwork.
- Treasurer: Maintains the LNS bank account, tracks expenses and processes reimbursements, pays bills, and files the schools tax returns.
- Secretary: Records information during the General and Board Meetings and provides the minutes from these meetings. Gathers and disperses the school’s mail as needed.
- Social Chair: Facilitates the running of the school’s social functions to include the Welcome Back Picnic, Mom’s Night Out etc.
- Fundraising Chair: Facilitates the fundraising activities for the school to include our yard sale and trike-a-thon.
- 2’s Class Representative: Liaison for the 2’s class and the teachers
- 3’s Class Representative: Liaison for the 3’s class and the teachers
- 4’s Class Representative: Liaison for the 4’s class and the teachers